Slater + Gordon Lawyers Trilby Misso
Part of the Slater and Gordon group
1800 555 777
Font size A A

Public Liability Claims

Public liability and occupiers liability laws protect you if you are injured in an accident that occurs on public or private property. If you were injured somewhere other than at work or in a motor vehicle accident you may have a public liability claim.

What do public liability claims cover?

Public liability and occupiers liability claims cover:

  • Accidents at shopping centres
  • Playground and schoolyard accidents
  • Injuries sustained in sporting activities
  • Slips and falls in supermarkets or other retail outlets
  • Injuries caused by animales, e.g dog attacks
  • Falls on public or private property including parks, gardens and footpaths
  • Food poisoning

There are many other things that may also be covered. If you are unsure about whether you have a public liability claim, please contact us on 1300 INJURY to discuss your situation.

Who can I claim from?

Anyone who causes injury can be forced to pay compensation. Sometimes they may even be liable for the action of others while the site is under their control. For example a provider of public transport could be held liable for injuries caused by a drunken passenger.

What can public liability compensation be used for?

Compensation for these types of accident claims can be used to cover:

  • immediate and future medical costs, including nursing care
  • loss of income, and
  • pain and suffering.

How do I make a public liability claim and how can Trilby Misso Lawyers help?

If you have been injured and think you may have a public liability claim, it is very important that you seek the advice of one of Trilby Misso public liability lawyers as soon as possible. A claim for damages can be a complex process, and it is vital you have expert legal advice to ensure negligence can be proven.

Strict time limits also apply. Our lawyers will advise you on the types of records and receipts you will need to provide to support your public liability or occupiers liability claim.

If you would like more information please enquire online and we can call you back or by visiting one of our local contact centres, no appointment required.