Trilby Misso Lawyers have always been a local Queensland law firm delivering excellent legal service to our clients and our community.
Our first office opened in 1956 when the original Trilby Misso started practicing law in a tiny 3mx 3m room in Cominos Arcade at Redcliffe. Trilby’s son, Hilton Misso, joined the law firm in 1964 as a law clerk and worked his way up to become a partner in 1974 - which was about the same time the firm moved to larger offices at 27 Anzac Avenue.
Not long after, in 1976, the first local offices opened at Caboolture and Strathpine and the firm changed its name from Trilby Misso & Co to Trilby Misso Lawyers.
After 30 years in business, we officially moved to focus solely on a specialist area of law and Trilby retired, handing the Brisbane law firm over to Hilton and the other partners in 1991.
By 1996 the Trilby Misso brand had become a household name. We acquired Kenyon’s practice in 2000 and a significant increase in staff prompted our final move to a new head office at 288 Edward Street. In 2006, Lisa Rennie and Michael Broughton were established as partners and five new local offices were opened.
In 2010, listed law practice Slater & Gordon Lawyers purchased Trilby Misso Lawyers.