Car Accident Lawyer & Compensation
If you have been injured in a car accident or motor vehicle accident due to the negligence of another person, our personal injury compensation lawyers can help you obtain the compensation and damages you are legally entitled to through a Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance claim. CTP insurance pays compensation to people who have suffered an injury in a motor vehicle accident where negligence can be established.
This includes if you have been injured in a car or motorbike accident, boat or bicycle accident, plane, jetski or truck accident or other motor vehicle accident.
If the accident caused a fatal injury, dependents may have a right to bring a claim regarding funeral expenses and loss of dependency.
Even if the car accident or other motor vehicle accident that caused your injury was an unidentified or unregistered motor vehicle, you still have the right to make a CTP claim, although the time limits are much shorter. In that case, there is a state insurer, the Nominal Defendant who will respond to the claim.
Am I eligible to make an injury compensation claim for a motor vehicle accident and how can Trilby Misso Lawyers help?
You may be able to make an injury compensation claim if you are:
- A pedestrian or cyclist injured by a car (i.e. a cyclist hit by a vehicle or the open door of a vehicle or a pedestrian hit by a vehicle)
- A driver or passenger injured in a motor vehicle accident (single car accidents and multiple vehicle accidents)
- A passenger suffering whiplash as the result of a car accident, or
- A driver or passenger injured in a motor vehicle accident as a result of items on the road (e.g an oil spill) or items that have not been properly secured to another vehicle.
What compensation can I claim for a motor vehicle injury accident?
In each case, our motor vehicle accident lawyers will work with you to understand the circumstances surrounding your injury from the car accident and then advise you on your prospects for achieving a successful injury compensation claim. This injury compensation claim could be used to compensate you for pain and suffering, medical expenses, physical or emotional rehabilitation needs, other direct expenses, plus loss of earnings including overtime.
The amount of compensation you receive will depend on a combination of factors including the nature and extent of your injuries, your age, your loss of earnings and likely loss of earnings in the future, the amount of care you need or may need, your out of pocket expenses and any future expenses incurred from the motor vehicle injuries sustained in Brisbane and Queensland.
Are there time limits to make a car accident injury claim?It is important you contact us as soon as possible after your accident so we can lodge the necessary claim forms with the insurance company. There are strict time limits associated with this particularly if you do not know the identity of the other vehicle.
Also, make sure you speak to Trilby Misso Lawyers before signing any documentation from the other party or the other party’s insurance company, otherwise you may lose your right to claim damages.
On average it takes 14 months for a motor vehicle accident claim to settle. The actual time taken for a negotiated settlement to be reached will depend on the facts and complexity. Claims that go to the courts will take longer and be subject to the schedule of the courts.
How much will it cost to make a motor vehicle accident compensation claim?
We are a No Win, No Fee injury compensation law firm, which means if we don't win your case, you don't pay.
- BRISBANE CBD(07) 3331 9100Address:Ground Floor 288 Edward StreetPhone( Australia ) :1300 874 529Phone :(07) 3331 9100Fax :(07) 3331 9180BROWNS PLAIN(07) 3802 6000Address:Grand Plaza Shopping Centre, 27-49 Browns Plains RdPhone( Australia ) :1300 874 529Phone :(07) 3802 6000Fax :(07) 3809 0466IPSWICH(07) 3812 3888Address:1 Lowry Street, Next to Riverlink Medical CentrePhone( Australia ) :1300 874 529Phone :(07) 3812 3888Fax :(07) 3281 5242LOGANHOLME(07) 3209 9778Address:Hyperdome Shopping Centre - Cnr Pacific Highway & Bryants RoadPhone( Australia ) :1300 874 529Phone :(07) 3209 9778Fax :(07) 3806 4697MORAYFIELD(07) 5432 3811Address:Morayfield Shopping Centre, 171 Morayfield RdPhone( Australia ) :1300 874 529Phone :(07) 5432 3811Fax :(07) 5432 3231ROBINA(07) 5593 2753Address:The Rocket, Cnr Robina Town Centre, 119 Laver DrPhone( Australia ) :1300 874 529Phone :(07) 5593 2753Fax :(07) 5575 9597SUNSHINE COA(07) 5444 7488